It is amazing to go back to roots interms of food. This is a traditional recipe. Best part is ,it is super easy and can be stored. Coconut and flaxseed makes it superfood. Please make a fresh batch of it every 2 weeks to make most of it.
1 cup flaxseed
3/4 cup dry coconut(chopped)
10 dry red chillies
12-14 garlic pods
2 tbsp jaggery or brown sugar
- Roast flaxseed on low heat. It will not take more than 10 minutes.
- With little oil, carefully roast chillies and keep aside. Let them cool down.
- In a processor, put flaxseed and coconut and salt. Make a coarse mixture.
- Now add jaggery and garlic. Grind it nicely.
- Store it in airtight jar.
- Serve it along rotis or rice.
How can you use it?
- Mix it yogurt or curd and use it as a spread for sandwich and rolls.
- Sprinkle over salads
- Serve it along dosa and idli.
- Serve it along roti ,nan, rice
- Store it in aitight jar
- Keep it away from moisture
- You can refrigerate it and use it when required, but at room temperature.